Nat Got Wheels, WHOOHOO!

It was a good day-we got up and braced ourselves against the cold (65 in the house this morning!) and got a walk in before heading out. I had promised her the first day she had off, we’d go into town and look at what used cars might be out there.The first place we called, didn’t even want her to come in. “No, we don’t have anything” (in the 2-3,000 range) so we called the 2nd dealership, and they invited us over to see one of their recently acquired used vehicles. That turned out to be a 96 Grande Cherokee, with 101K miles, a gorgeous car for the money, but smelled funny when we test-drove it. Something wasn’t cooking right with the exhaust, sent up red flags with me and DH right away. Plus, the price tag was a bit too much for Nats pocketbook.

They didn’t have anything else to show her so we took a card, said our thanks, and went on our way.Then we stopped in town at the corner used car lot that has a 1920’s garage on the premises. Pretty quaint little place, run by a fellow named Art. Art had 3 cars, and we immediately eyed the nicest one, a 1993 Chevy Corsica LT. The body was nearly mint, and despite the fact it has 101K miles, we thought the price was right, so we took it out for a test drive. It ran like a dream!

So, 30 minutes later, Nats was the owner of her very FIRST CAR!

1993 Chevy Corsica, in great shape, no rust with the V6 engine, $1495.00
Has a few miles on it but runs great, it was used to tow behind a RV.
It has get-up-and-go, r
uns like a dream!
22 mpg city. 35 mpg hwy.
N's 1993 Chevy Corsica
N’s 1993 Chevy Corsica

We brought it home and Nats immediately called everyone she could think of, to tell them she was coming over to show off her new car, then off she went. A late-evening thunderstorm brought her home and we had her park it in the garage for a going-over session. I cleaned up the interior as best I could in the dim light, while DH applied Zymol to the outside. And despite it’s age, we found very little body dings; it’s been well taken care of.

I asked her later, “Not that I care, but, what time to you go in to work tomorrow?”. We both laughed~ 🙂 She’s a Happy Camper~and I’m officially retired as Taxi-Mom,YAY! Rounded off an otherwise ughy day, rainy, damp and chilly-52 at 6:00pm.

I’m going to work on the Baby Leggings for a little bit, let my brain go on cruise-control, so until tomorrow, g’night!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: